definition

Here we discuss Music, Movies, Books, and all the incredible Art they inspire.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Well folks, as promised I said we would discuss books too (try not to yawn already). I realize nowadays, reading is almost a lost art. So few people, these days, seem to have even the vaguest interest in it. Sure, life is hectic. Who has any extra time between working 40-60 hours a week, running errands and trying to catch what the idiots on Jersey Shore are up to? Well my friend, Trust me. You need to MAKE time for this one.

This book changed my life.

Like the little red pill in the Matrix, this book will wake you up. It’s not a book about government conspiracy, or a get-rich-quick scheme. It simply points out the differences between what the low to middle-class are taught about money, and what the children of the rich are taught. And it shows how you can benefit by “knowing what they know” (at any age) and literally, changing your financial future immediately.

Ever wonder why “The rich, get richer”? This tells you. Ever consider how an eighth-grade drop-out can be worth millions, while a successful doctor can be struggling to make end-meet? It’s in there. The differences are HUGE, and believe it or not, fairly easy to overcome. But you have to “take the pill” and read the book.

If knowledge is power, this book is nuclear.

I know a lot of people would rather have a root canal, than read a book about personal finance. But this book is clear, concise, and easy-to-read. One of my favorite features is that Robert Kiyosaki also recommends other books (not just his own) if you want to learn more about any given topic he discusses.

As I said before (albeit in a sarcastic tone), I know time (and money) is tight for everyone. But you do have options. You can buy the audio book format, and listen to it on your way to work. You could even upload it to your Mp3 player, and listen while you mow the grass, or on your morning walk. I personally, have the e-book on my smart-phone, and will read through it occasionally in waiting rooms etc.

If you are tired of being broke (like I was), than you owe it to yourself to read this book. Go ahead, take the first step to a better financial future, and you’ll be amazed how deep your rabbit hole can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment